Followers

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

I gobbled and wobbled

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving!  Ours was wonderful, but I ate ENTIRELY too much!  I made this German chocolate pie that was TO DIE for, I swear I gained 5 lbs from that pie alone... so worth it!  Here is the recipe, I subbed dark chocolate for unsweetened chocolate and used a gluten free crust. 
We went home to spend some time with family and it was so good to be home.  We get to visit home more often than before, but it still never seems like enough time.  There were so many family members and friends that I wanted to see that I wasn't able to this time around, hopefully we can see them for Christmas.
We also braved the crowds for the Thanksgiving and Black Friday sales since my Mom so graciously watched the kids and we accomplished almost all of our Christmas shopping at a discounted price.  When you have a gaggle of children like we do, it is very helpful to get things on a deep deep discount.  My oldest son, Maverick, has developed a love for building with LEGOS which is great, but they are so expensive.  LEGOS was definitely one of the big steals that we got on Black Friday.. we were able to get 4 LEGO sets much cheaper than retail and I couldn't be happier about that.  We also bought our first tablet... the Nabi 2, so we will see how that works out for our busy little family.
We are gearing up for St. Nick's Day this weekend and a visit from my East Coast family!!!!  I am beyond excited because it's been a year since I last saw my cousin.
Stay tuned, I will be posting my reviews of two restaurant's and a tour of our decorated home!

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment