Followers

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Finding joy in the ordinary

Today was an ordinary Saturday.  We slept in, had a late breakfast, and hung out around the house.  For most people that might sound boring, but to us, it is amazing and wonderful!  My dear husband allows me to sleep in on the weekends because I am terrible about being able to fall asleep.  He also likes to workout earlier in the day so that it doesn't interfere with any plans we might have later on.  This morning, I woke up to the smell of him frying up bacon... that is a staple item in our home and there is something so comforting about waking up to that smell.  When I came downstairs, he had the kids picking up and had breakfast waiting for me... I think he's a keeper.
If you would have asked me 10 years ago what I thought my life would look like, I couldn't have even imagined it being like this.  10 years ago I thought that I would be a career woman living in NYC working in fashion for a major women's magazine.  I never thought I would want more than 2 children and I assumed I would marry someone with a typical 9-5 job.  Instead, I am a mom to 4 amazing kids, haven't worked since I married Bear, and Bear's job is anything but 9-5 and typical. I love it and I couldn't imagine life any other way now.
Most people would look at our lives and say it's pretty ordinary for the most part, but that is because they aren't living it.  We are a close family that enjoys spending time together, we love each other immensely and take great joy in the everyday things.  We love family movie night and especially last night's.  Last night we watched Maleficent and enjoyed pizza and homemade ice cream sundaes.  We will probably indulge in the same thing tonight!  My heart is definitely filled with joy in this new stage of my life and I am enjoying taking it all in!

No comments:

Post a Comment